Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulley + aircon

Hi All,
    its a bit hard to explain what I am after but i'll give it a go....

A little while I tried to put on the aircon belt but in the middle of the job had to go and one of my helpful family members tried to put it together (without the belt)...anyhow it seems that they did not bolt the crank tensioner wheel (i think thats what it is) and it came loose (I found it on the mesh)...anyhow...the little bolt that goes between the wheel and the actual case is missing and I havent the faintest idea of what its called and how to obtain it....without it the wheel seems to rub against the wall and thats obviously a problem...

the wheel i am talking about is the one looking at front of engine is on the bottom left hand side and about 9cm in diamater...sits on the tensioer bolt which sticks out...

hopefully someone knows what i'm talking about

aaa...i think its called the aircon tensioner pulley? anyone come across it?

Comment

Originally posted by tomme surf
      aaa...i think its called the aircon tensioner pulley? anyone come across it?
      i haven't come across it yet Tom but if i do i will let you know but i think it's a bit far really from London to end up down here...Sorry i cant help it
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'll have a look, my pulley's siezed and the rest of the aircon's gone anyway. If i can get to it and get it off i'll see if it looks ok.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Is it the one marked IP in this diagram?

Nev

Comment

Yes indeed its the one marked IP...so i've got the wheel/pulley (IP) but missing the bolt/washer (or maybe even bearing) that goes between that and the block

Comment

Can't see the tensioner retaining bolt/nut listed as a part on it's own.

Nev

Comment

90119-08474 may be the bolt. Bolt goes through pulley bearing into the adjuster block which connects to the adjuster bolt.

Diagram seems to have two types.

Nev
                Last edited by NiftyNev; 26 April 2007, 16:35.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                  90119-08474 may be the bolt. Bolt goes through pulley bearing into the adjuster block which connects to the adjuster bolt.

Diagram seems to have two types.

Nev
                  Think you'll find thats the alternator adjuster block and bolt
                  If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

so i think the thing i am lookinf is indicated by the red arrow...because the bolt stick out already (out of the oval shaped bit)...and that bit I think prevents the pulley from rubbing against the oval wall...
                    Last edited by tomme surf; 26 April 2007, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Thing
                      Think you'll find thats the alternator adjuster block and bolt
                      Yeah. I'd say you are correct.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by tomme surf
                        so i think the thing i am lookinf is indicated by the red arrow...because the bolt stick out already (out of the oval shaped bit)...and that bit I think prevents the pulley from rubbing against the oval wall...
                        Probably is. I'll see if I can find anything that shows a separate part number.

Nev

Comment

I'm thinkin that maybe a bearing or just a rubber/plastic washer would do the job but worried about it wearing out...

Comment

I;m getting confused about what part you actually have missing. The tensioner pulley consists of a stud with a thread in the rear section for the long adjuster bolt, a pulley which has a bearing, a nut on the front and possibly a washer as well. What parts do you have? I don't think individual parts are available and Toyota supply it a a complete unit.

Nev

Comment

I'm after the bit that goes between the pulley and the engine wall...so looking from front to back, you have the nut, the pulley (which has a bearing inside it) the missing bit and then the metal wall..all of that is connected on a bolt/rod that sticks out from that wall...

Comment

Working...
                              X