EGR stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Think one of the chaps on the Oz site mentioned a Subaru cleaner was the best thing for removing all the crud out of the inlet manifold, Ian. Do a search for parrasurfa and manifold on their site. Should fetch up the info.
    Cheers Matt, i'll have a look, the manifold's off now so it'll be easier to clean,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Think one of the chaps on the Oz site mentioned a Subaru cleaner was the best thing for removing all the crud out of the inlet manifold, Ian. Do a search for parrasurfa and manifold on their site. Should fetch up the info.
      Here's the link -

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ghlight=subaru

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
        Cheers Nev, just had a good read through the link, and it seems to be a common prob, the manifold came off OK except for one nut at the rear top that just would not move, ended up anglegrinding the sod off, so a new nut is needed, i'm going to soak the manifold in G solv for a week that should loosen the gunge up,
        Phoned coolsv today and was expecting him to baffel me with technics, i had the egr on the desk, pen and paper ready, and all i need do is remove the vac pipe from the unit on top of the egr and plug it! loose the egr pipes, blanc the ports and refit the brackst leaveing all the switches in place,
        If anyone can add anything regarding this your most welcome,
        I will jeep the bits just in case Logey
        Cheers guys

Comment

Just a quicky, i got 20lt of the below off ebay, G solv, (looks like a regular seller on there) only had the manifold in it 5 mins and it cuts through the black $hite a treat, washes off with water, might try the injectors in it as petrol aint doin a dam thing, the injestors are just as dirty and the petrol just as clean and they been in it over a week,

Comment

Working...
          X