bypassing the turbo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bypassing the turbo??

Hi, is it possible to bypass or do away with the turbo completely?

Originally posted by lauriesmb

Yeah probably, nothin is impossible! BUT <---- Take it from me

YOU DO NOT WANT A NON TURBO ENGINE IN A SURF CUZ THERE BLEEDIN GUTLESS

Comment

Yes you can by moving the vacuum pipes around. Ive seen STEVO do it.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Yes you can by moving the vacuum pipes around. Ive seen STEVO do it.

Hi marky,
        Any instructions on how to do this? an idiots guide would be good!

I know it will be a bit less power, but until i get another turbo then at least i wil be able to use it as i dont have any other transport!!

cheers.

laurie

Comment

It'll still spin, even if the wastegate is jammed open, so it won't be under the same strain, but if its buggered this is still bad, as if the bearing collapses completely the motor will swallow lunps of metal.

The only way is to remove it completely, but them you'll need different exhaust manifold and exhaust.

Without the turbo working the truck virtually undrivable. Try pulling the pipe of the boost pressure sensor if you don't believe.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

HALFORDS have got a SALE on, BUY a BIKE
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              HALFORDS have got a SALE on, BUY a BIKE
              Ha ha funny guys!! i work for the military so i guess ill have to borrow a tank!!

Who said the japs didnt win the war????????????

Comment

Ha ha funny guys!! i work for the military so i guess ill have to borrow a tank!!

Who said the japs didnt win the war????????????
                hmmm, i don't know....think the atomic bombing is a bit of a clue that they didn't get much return for their investment on that little venture!
                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Try pulling the pipe of the boost pressure sensor if you don't believe.
                  Or buy a 2.4...

Oh, I see you've already got one. You aiming to get overtaken by continental drift then?
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Or buy a 2.4...

Oh, I see you've already got one. You aiming to get overtaken by continental drift then?
                    I had a nissan D21 terrano 2 australian import before this surf, and i wish i never got rid of it, its far better than any $$$$py toyotas, 2.4 or 3lt versions. but then thats life!
                    Moving to France soon so at least once the turbo has been fixed it will be cheaper to run on 60p a litre for derv! and ill probably sell it on to some ex pat that needs a tractor for his farm.

Like my dad always said, never trust a jap!

Comment

I had a nissan D21 terrano 2 australian import before this surf, and i wish i never got rid of it, its far better than any $$$$py toyotas, 2.4 or 3lt versions. but then thats life!
                      Moving to France soon so at least once the turbo has been fixed it will be cheaper to run on 60p a litre for derv! and ill probably sell it on to some ex pat that needs a tractor for his farm.

Don't Know if you've noticed, but Nissans are Japanese too!

So basically you're 'tarring' all Surfs with the same brush then. You'll fit in well in France.

Comment

I know somebody who has a nissan somthingorother, had the thing back 5 times for rear wheel bearings and it's on a 53 plate..... nissan.... no thanks!
                        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                          I know somebody who has a nissan somthingorother, had the thing back 5 times for rear wheel bearings and it's on a 53 plate..... nissan.... no thanks!
                          Well, if I couldn't have a Surf, I'd probably have a Navara double cab with hardtop. Nice truck. Much nicer than Mitsubishi's offering.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I reckon your Dad should stop saying stuff like that, it's racist.
                            www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

Quite right Razoorhoof.

What a slur on the Japs. I'm sure his dad said "never trust a Frenchman"

Comment

Working...
                              X