radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator

gots me a '91 hilux surf. 2.4. The other day drove it from the grocery store home, 5 miles. Parked and saw that the anti freeze was drippin from the front. Opened the hood and noticed that the anti freeze was spurtin out of the overflow by the resavoir. Lost about .5 lts in like a minute. The gauge on my dash showed normal engine temp. The only thing I can think of is the thermostat not opening when the coolant gets hot. Can someone give me some insight and advice on what the prob might be and what to do about it. thanx
    ganja
    Last edited by 00ganja; 19 April 2007, 04:46.

Change thermostat and rad cap now. I'd also get the coolant checked for gas to see if the head has gone as the symptoms appear to match.

Dave

Comment

parts

hey thanx for the advice. I will surely do that. I am in Edmonton AB. Do you or anyone else know of a place around these parts where I might be be able to pick up parts for this engine. I am in need of radiator thermostat. Radiator cap. Oil filter.

Thanx for everything

ganja

Comment

I'm in Scotland so no idea who is local to you! I use a company called Roughtrax, their stuff is good quality and they may post????

Roughtrax

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X