'Vibration' sound between 65 and 70 mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Vibration' sound between 65 and 70 mph

Don't know what this is, but between 65 and 70 mph I get a kind of vibration/whine from what I think is the transmission - any idea what this is and if it's something BAD?????
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Originally posted by MudSurfer
    Don't know what this is, but between 65 and 70 mph I get a kind of vibration/whine from what I think is the transmission - any idea what this is and if it's something BAD?????
    I know this sound stupid but check your tyres , had a road one with a bulge on the inside that gave the same effect a a propshaft problem at 60 mph'ish
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
      I know this sound stupid but check your tyres , had a road one with a bulge on the inside that gave the same effect a a propshaft problem at 60 mph'ish

Thanks - I'll do that - they are all new(ish) but I'll check them all today!
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

my mates V8 hilux had the prop installed that i dont think was balanced propperly,. at about 65 - 70 there was this mad vibration! i dont know if you could drive through it tho we didnt try to.
        but at slower speeds it was ok

i doubt the prop would go out of balance without it being taken off the car, unless you have gone over a type of ground that would be able to touch the prop ???
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

whine

Have you greased the prop? I had the same thing on a 1st. gen when I drove it home. I dont know whether the problem was lack of use or lack of grease as problem wen taway after greasing and daily use.
          cheers,