No Speaker Volume ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Speaker Volume ??

Hi Guys, I Have Just Attempted To Fit A Cd Player In My 1993 2.4surf, It Powers Ok But I Dont Have Any Volume From The Speakers ?? The Cd Player Is Fine So Why Am I Getting No Sound When I Join The Speaker Wires From The Loom To The Cd Player? I Had To Cut Off The Connector Block But The Wiring Looks Straight Forward Anyway.
    Any Help Would Be Much Appriecated, Also The Ariels Dont Power Up Either ?
    Paul

Originally posted by SPEAKERTROUBLE
    Hi Guys, I Have Just Attempted To Fit A Cd Player In My 1993 2.4surf, It Powers Ok But I Dont Have Any Volume From The Speakers ?? The Cd Player Is Fine So Why Am I Getting No Sound When I Join The Speaker Wires From The Loom To The Cd Player? I Had To Cut Off The Connector Block But The Wiring Looks Straight Forward Anyway.
    Any Help Would Be Much Appriecated, Also The Ariels Dont Power Up Either ?
    Paul

This might help.........
    http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

If you get it fixed, you'll have to change your user name!

Welcome by the way!

Comment

Yeah ! Should It Need A Amp ? Or Should It Just Work When The Wires Are Conneted Togther.just Seems Odd No Sound At All ?

Comment

Yeah ! Should It Need A Amp ? Or Should It Just Work When The Wires Are Conneted Togther.just Seems Odd No Sound At All ?

The rear speakers have thier own amps behind the plastic panels, but the fronts are standard.

Did you try turning the volume up?

Comment

LOL !! YEAH I DID AS IT HAPPENS , CANT UNDERSTAND IT ,ITS ONLY SPEAKER WIRE ?

Comment

I was under the impression that both front and rear speakers had their own amps, but I don't know for sure. Whatever, you need to find your power aerial out wire on your head unit (usually blue or blue / white) and connect it to the wires marked power antenna on the .pdf Bushwhacker posted above. (H and I ) Theres 2 wires as 1 does the aerial and 1 does the amps. Both need connecting to the power aerial lead on your head unit. I can check the wire colours tomorrow for you if need be.

Rob.
            Last edited by wishbone; 5 April 2007, 01:20.

Comment

what headunit is it? some kenwoods and a few others shut down the output to all speakers if there's a wiring fault on one speaker.

re the amps: afaik it's only the rear speaker's that are amplified, so even if the amps aren't turning on you should get sound out the fronts. but join H&I on that PDF together and connect them to blue or blue and white on the loom that plugs in the back of the new unit, it's normally marked antenna (ant.) or remote (rem)
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

If all is fine with the wiring, check to see if the head unit has a reset button. Sometimes the head units need to be reset after fitting.
                If you have not connected connections H&I to the power antenna output of your unit you won't get sound to either the front or rear speakers.
                I've experianced this recently cause I changed the stereo in my truck, and fitted a new one to my sisters, tried to do it without using an adaptor, after an hour of playing drove to Halfruads and got adaptors.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

right! the ariel now works in a fashion, you can hear the motor put youve gotta encourge it by hand to go up and down(sounds dodgy i know,no puns intended !!)the speakers now work in the front so that will do , onto the areil.. any ideas guys ??

Comment

worn/sticky mech, there's instructions somewhere about changing just the mast bit might be worth taking the old one out, if it looks ok try putting some oil on it and putting it back in.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

right! the ariel now works in a fashion, you can hear the motor put youve gotta encourge it by hand to go up and down(sounds dodgy i know,no puns intended !!)the speakers now work in the front so that will do , onto the areil.. any ideas guys ??
                      The mast goes up and down (ooh errr missus) by a plastic rack, they tent to snap (I've now done 2!) Roughtrax do a replacement mast for about £20 but it's still cheaper than a new aerial (£80+) to take the old aerial out you need to part remove the wheel arch liner. undo the 4 cross head screws and the 8mm bolt in the middle, the rack is enclosed in a plastic sleeve and there are a couple of gears in there as well
                      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Overdrive Around Town / Fuel Consumption

Hi Again Guys , Right When Drivng Around Town Should O/drive Be On ? Was Told Its Only 4 Motorway But Im Using Loads Of Fuel ? Any Tips ? Whats This Idle Up All About Too ??
                        Cheers
                        Paul

Comment

Hi Again Guys , Right When Drivng Around Town Should O/drive Be On ? Was Told Its Only 4 Motorway But Im Using Loads Of Fuel ? Any Tips ? Whats This Idle Up All About Too ??
                          Cheers
                          Paul
                          Leave overdrive on the whole time unless you're driving on a load of hills or something and the gearbox starts 'hunting'.

Idle up is to make it idle faster to warm the interior up when it's cold. Leave it alone (unless you want to warm up faster, but it's warm now anyway).

Using loads of fuel is standard

Comment

Working...
                          X