Test for the top boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test for the top boys!

After my last thread (loss off power after 2700 rpm) I have now owned the surf for 2 weeks and have tried various mods thanks to this place, tried the 1/8 turn on the pump which did make a vast diff for 2 days.

but on the way home today from swindon to oxford (17 miles) took 2 hours! had to pull over 5 times to let traffic go past (felt like a tractor)

when i did turn off the main road and head down the country lane i tried for the first time in 4wd what a diff!!!! ref to 5500rpm and no red engine check light coming on!!!!

felt like i could climb a moutain, even though at 30kmh

any ideas????????????????????????

I did mail Tony in B but no reply
    Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

Originally posted by DaveHardy
    After my last thread (loss off power after 2700 rpm) I have now owned the surf for 2 weeks and have tried various mods thanks to this place, tried the 1/8 turn on the pump which did make a vast diff for 2 days.

but on the way home today from swindon to oxford (17 miles) took 2 hours! had to pull over 5 times to let traffic go past (felt like a tractor)

when i did turn off the main road and head down the country lane i tried for the first time in 4wd what a diff!!!! ref to 5500rpm and no red engine check light coming on!!!!

is the 4wd light working
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      is the 4wd light working
      No 4wd light working! trid a few times, does this mean somthing?
      Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

Comment

i was just thinking that if your 4wd isn't working then perhaps you have had it in 4wd by mistake

Comment

for your sake i hope you havnt been driving it in 4 wheel drive,this has the effect of winding up the diffs and transmission.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Check the small rubber vacuum pipes that are fitted to and around the throttle housing, it sounds like the turbo pressure sensor pipe has come off (small J shaped pipe about three inches long, the red pipe in diagram) and you've got no boost.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Check the small rubber vacuum pipes that are fitted to and around the throttle housing, it sounds like the turbo pressure sensor pipe has come off (small J shaped pipe about three inches long, the red pipe in diagram) and you've got no boost.
              Why would pressing the 4wd button make a difference though? It seems what people are thinking is that he's been driving it in 4wd and actually put it in 2wd when he pressed the button. Without the light it would (a bit) difficult to know if you were in 2wd or 4wd, if you didn't know how it usually drove.

Comment

also one of the pipes on the left hand side of that diagram that come off of the T piece if that is off then the 4wd won't work either as Mark 1316 and Clayton had one of those pipes off and once connected everything was ok.

Why is it that people when they sell the 2.4 seem to take the vac pipes off so the 4wd don't work.I have noticed this on several 2.4's now and it's like they want the new owners to sh1te themselves over having a garage to sort the problem out and getting a hefty bill

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                  Why would pressing the 4wd button make a difference though? It seems what people are thinking is that he's been driving it in 4wd and actually put it in 2wd when he pressed the button. Without the light it would (a bit) difficult to know if you were in 2wd or 4wd, if you didn't know how it usually drove.

I carried out my prognosis based on this ..........

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    I carried out my prognosis based on this ..........
                    We'll have to start calling you Dr B Wacker soon if you keep coming out with words like that Vince...

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      We'll have to start calling you Dr B Wacker soon if you keep coming out with words like that Vince...
                      Or possibly, even, Dr. B WHacker.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        Or possibly, even, Dr. B WHacker.
                        nice to see you back again Matt.That was a deliberate mistake just for you...

Comment

Working...
                        X