daft EGR question coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daft EGR question coming up

been answered many many times before i'm sure, i've probably read it a hundred times but....

.... when you do the EGR mod, you pull off the hose from the UFO thing, put a screw in it, bend it over, buy a ball bearing, tie it in a knot, cable tie it... or whatever you choose to do to block it. Is it ok to leave where you just pulled it off from open or do you block that aswell?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Originally posted by nero279
    been answered many many times before i'm sure, i've probably read it a hundred times but....

.... when you do the EGR mod, you pull off the hose from the UFO thing, put a screw in it, bend it over, buy a ball bearing, tie it in a knot, cable tie it... or whatever you choose to do to block it. Is it ok to leave where you just pulled it off from open or do you block that aswell?
    on both of mine it has been left open
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i left it open

Comment

cheers fellas
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

LOL. This is a even dafter question but what the chuff is EGR???? ore do i get on IOTW ???

Comment

Originally posted by magnum
            LOL. This is a even dafter question but what the chuff is EGR???? ore do i get on IOTW ???

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...0&d=1174431640

This shows the 2.4 engine, but you're looking for the same thing, slightly different place.

Comment

EGR mod

...and the benefit of pulling the pipe off is?
              Naomi
              AKA - Mamadwyvin
              www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin

Much less smoke from the exhaust, and possibly an extra mile or three per gallon!

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
                  The EGR dumps exhaust gas into the intake to reduce Nox emissions at large throttle openings by lowering combustion temps, also reducing power slightly and making it smoke a little more, the smoke reduction is especially noticeable on older more worn engines.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X