100km and the ding ding ding starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100km and the ding ding ding starts

Hi All surfers. Iv had my 89 surf for 3 years now and it drives me mad when I hit 100kmh. the ding ding starts and never stops till I slow down. I'v gotten used to it by turning up the radio really loud but my girlfriend is being driven mad. How do I stop it. Thanks
    Last edited by irishoffroad; 28 March 2007, 21:08.

Originally posted by irishoffroad
    Hi All surfers. Iv had my 89 surf for 3 years now and it drives me mad when I hit 100kmh. the ding ding starts and never stops till I slow down. I'v gotten used to it by turning up the radio really loud but my new girlfriend is being driven mad. How do I stop it. Thanks
    Not had this one for a while:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ght=speed+bell

Easy job technically (I can do it). Total pain in the arse.

Comment

So I got to take off the dash and its attached to the back of the speedo. There is no easy way?

Comment

There is no easy way?
        Yeah, put up with it.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

So I got to take off the dash and its attached to the back of the speedo. There is no easy way?
          Go back to the old girlfriend?

No. That is the easy way. There's a little trigger on the back of the speedo that lifts up and switches the ding ding on so it's mechanically linked to the actual dial.

It's not a big job at all. The only slightly difficult bit is reconnecting the speedo cable, which requires patience (which I don't have) and nothing else really.

Comment

Or just let her go mad, now I come to think about it.

Comment

Thanks for the help.Ill get on it some day this week and let you know how i get on. Its my best friend and it rides so well apart from the ding ding. A bit of an animal offroad too.

Comment

A 2.4 diesel Surf is not a sports car just sit below 65 and cruise along.

sorted
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

the ding ding starts at 60mph and im well able to cruse at 70 on long trips

Comment

Thanks for all your info and after 3 years I got it to stop. only took me about an hour and half to get it sorted and back together. Now I can cruse in peace.
                    So now i got a ding ding device for sale
                    Last edited by irishoffroad; 12 April 2007, 17:15.

Comment

re

Originally posted by PDR
                      A 2.4 diesel Surf is not a sports car just sit below 65 and cruise along.

sorted
                      ...interestingly, the journey from london to mancs costs £50 fuel at 70mph+ and about £38-40 at 55-60mph. whats another hour? <yawn>
                      Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Working...
                      X