automatic engine seized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic engine seized

drivin along the road 15 to 20 mph and hilux went dead then when i tried to start it just clicked checked oil not a drop in the damn thing no oil light come on i know nothing at all about mechanics cant tow i have been told what do i do how do i get it back to house{1/4 of a mile} and is it seized if so shall i just s$$$$ it or what? someone help me please i feel likke smashing the thing to bits ,j reg in liverpool

If you've only got a short distance to go then towing (an automatic) shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep it reasonably slow.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

there is no were on front of jeep to put tow rope, is there a way of getting at the crank to see if it turns thanks

Comment

should be two tow eyes on the chassis at the front. Put it in neutral on BOTH gear selectors. make sure there is oil in the transmission. Dont know about the manual turn over.

AND ITS NOT A JEEP!!!!!!!! A Jeep is a JEEP. this is a SURF, a far superior beast!
        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

[QUOTE
          AND ITS NOT A JEEP!!!!!!!! A Jeep is a JEEP. this is a SURF, a far superior beast![/QUOTE]

I thought we were meant to refer to them as TRACTORS. Im sure thats what the hairdressers call our 2nd gens.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by emlyn1112
            there is no were on front of jeep to put tow rope, is there a way of getting at the crank to see if it turns thanks

You need to remove the bashplate from under the engine to get at the crank bolt, if you remove the glowplugs you'll be able to turn the engine easier (if it's not seized that is)

Comment

i took bash plate off and cant get anywere near crank coolin radiator underneath in the way cant get at it from front is there any other way,when i try to start it it just clicks lots of times any more suggestions

Comment

had enough cant find out whats wrong no nothing about vehicles any offers sensible ones pics below gold alloys brand new 2 tyres 3 other tyres decent

Comment

Working...
                X