Fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel consumption

I have been interested in the Hilux Surf since seeing many of them in New Zealand 3 or 4 years ago and I'm now thinking of replacing my Discovery. But looking at various reviews the fuel consumption looks very high (20-25 mpg)compared with the Discovery - my 2.5 turbo diesel does 30-35 mpg. Is this the sort of consumption I might expect?

Mike Davies

Originally posted by mikejd
    I have been interested in the Hilux Surf since seeing many of them in New Zealand 3 or 4 years ago and I'm now thinking of replacing my Discovery. But looking at various reviews the fuel consumption looks very high (20-25 mpg)compared with the Discovery - my 2.5 turbo diesel does 30-35 mpg. Is this the sort of consumption I might expect?

Mike Davies
    yes
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mike Davies
      Erm, um, er, yes. But it won't dissolve in the rain or roll about like a bouncy castle. You'll get better MPG if you're easy on the gas, but they're not the most economical....

Comment

it is but they are built to last, some have a few probs like the heads going but all in all there an outstanding truck

Comment

on a run you will probably get a bit more but normal day to day driving you will be looking at 20-25mpg.
          Welcome to the forum also
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mike Davies
            errrrr Yes!

Aparently the manual versions are slightly better but then again i quite enjoy having the thing change gear for me!

Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Mike Davies
              If the fuel is making you think again then there is always the Veg oil to soften the blow. I run £20 fuel and 20L of veg oil £9.34 for 20L out of Makro. OK smells a bit but saves some £££££.
              This 4X4 is made to last they look good and will get you into and out of places a Disco will not. I know this as had one as well
              Lean Green Veggie Machine

Comment

Working...
              X