Slip Joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip Joint

Can someone tell me (pictures if possible) where I can locate this and is there a set amount of grease to pump in so as not to cause any serious damage. I am trying to eradicate a thud in my drive train which becomes apparent when stopping and then pulling away again. Thanks.

Originally posted by Big Toy
    Can someone tell me (pictures if possible) where I can locate this and is there a set amount of grease to pump in so as not to cause any serious damage. I am trying to eradicate a thud in my drive train which becomes apparent when stopping and then pulling away again. Thanks.
    Try This link
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62

By slip joint Do you mean the slide o the rear propshaft? if you do its near to the output flange on the transfer box, you can pump and pump grease in it never seems to fill, but you might might find the prop extending at the joint, don't panic it is just grease filling up the space.

Also check the universal joints for wear, I have seem one almost falling off! easist way to do this is grab each side of the joint with a hand and try to twist them against each other, there should be no real movement.
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
      Try This link
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62

By slip joint Do you mean the slide o the rear propshaft? if you do its near to the output flange on the transfer box, you can pump and pump grease in it never seems to fill, but you might might find the prop extending at the joint, don't panic it is just grease filling up the space.

Also check the universal joints for wear, I have seem one almost falling off! easist way to do this is grab each side of the joint with a hand and try to twist them against each other, there should be no real movement.
      I would check the uj's they also give off a squeek when on the way out
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
      X