1st Gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Gear.

My Surf won't take 1st gear. I have just replaced the gearbox oil, I managed to drain just under 4 litres, does this sound about right? All levels are correct both when hot and cold with engine running. The only way I can overcome this problem is to crawl up to a junction then it takes 1st or to depress the brake pedal twice immediately before coming to a halt. Any ideas much appreciated to correct this fault.

Originally posted by Big Toy
    My Surf won't take 1st gear. I have just replaced the gearbox oil, I managed to drain just under 4 litres, does this sound about right? All levels are correct both when hot and cold with engine running. The only way I can overcome this problem is to crawl up to a junction then it takes 1st or to depress the brake pedal twice immediately before coming to a halt. Any ideas much appreciated to correct this fault.
    You could help up by filling in your profile. I assume you have an automatic.

Did the 1st gear thing happen before or after you changed the oil? & have you used the correct stuff. (Dexron II or III) 4 litres sounds about right, I recently changed my missus's autobox oil and got about that amount out

Other than that I can't help further, autoboxes are a bit of a mistery to me!
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
    X