No Power after 2700rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    if they lied about the milage then i would get it serviced again just for peace of mind get your filters from www.milneroffroad.com and some semi synthetic oil about 6.5 to 7l
    Was also told that they only have a top speed of 60 mph on the road and that all the power was for off road!!!

what sort of performance should i get from a 2.4 turbo/diesel?
    Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHardy
      Was also told that they only have a top speed of 60 mph on the road and that all the power was for off road!!!

0-60: about 20 seconds
      Top speed: about 90 but don't try it. Obviously, it's illegal, but 2.4s aren't too keen on going fast anyway.

Comment

on a run i could cruise at 80-85mph in my 2.4 and off road they are awsome just look in the off road section for proof.
        But i would give it another service like i said before and include rad cap and thermostat aswell
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mine was the same when it came back from having the head done, and it turned out to be one of the vac hoses, the surf sounded normal, and the turbo light came on and the turbo even whistled but zero boost.

Defo check the vac hoses in the engine bay, they are usually black rubber, about 8mm in diameter and are passenger side of engine bay ( I think) depending on model of surf.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Hahahahaha!!

Top speed for the 2.4 is around 90mph.

Sounds to me like you have boost problems.
            The turbo may be spooling up, but the pressure may be dumped too soon to have any affect.

Between the airfilter container and the power steering fluid reservoir is the turbo pressure sensor, check that all the small rubber pipes are connected correctly, if at all.

Can you take a photo and post it on here?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Hahahahaha!!

Top speed for the 2.4 is around 90mph.

Sounds to me like you have boost problems.
              The turbo may be spooling up, but the pressure may be dumped too soon to have any affect.

Between the airfilter container and the power steering pump is the turbo pressure sensor, check that all the small rubber pipes are connected correctly, if at all.

Can you take a photo and post it on here?
              i bet you've just been sat back having a laugh at us trying to get to the bottom of this ain't you Vince
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                i bet you've just been sat back having a laugh at us trying to get to the bottom of this ain't you Vince

Nope, just got in!

I was laughing at who ever said the top speed is 60mph.....

Comment

Hi all, new to site and surf, love the car but no power!! pulls away ok but halts at 2700 revs, turbo light on but goes out if you try to give it some welly and then the red (ing) light comes on, also very slow up hills!! and i mean slow got beat by the milkman, put the surf in local garage but they were not able to plug into dia-machine due to plug type, can anyone help please or tell me a good garage that can sort out surfs around oxford
                  It could have slipped a tooth on the timing belt, or some numpty has put it on wrong, I got the pump timing out 1 tooth on a 2.4 I did and it showed the same symptoms revs to about 2700 then turbo light went off, and no guts... But I got the check engine light on.
                  Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                    It could have slipped a tooth on the timing belt, or some numpty has put it on wrong, I got the pump timing out 1 tooth on a 2.4 I did and it showed the same symptoms revs to about 2700 then turbo light went off, and no guts... But I got the check engine light on.
                    Sounds good will check in the morning!
                    Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

Comment

Start with the simple stuff first, it might be a simple fix.(ha! we all live in hope)
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650

I would go along with that? Be prepaired for a long job to ajust the timing a good couple of hours at least just make sure that all the toyota timing marks line up spot on and spin the engine round by hand a few times first to make sure everything is spot on before rebulid.

Steve.
                        The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

Hi Guys.. newbie here. My old man has a hilux 2.4 pickup.. They are non turbo'ed and let me tell you she will do 90+mph (on the clock) easily.. So this lets me to believe they it may not be your turbo boost. But could very well be fuel poblems.. Does it smoke? = to much diesel. Maybe you turbo is partially blocking the exhaust outlet and thus causing the problem at about the 2700rpm+ range? Anyways.. just my 2c worth

Comment

Working...
                          X