No Power after 2700rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power after 2700rpm

Hi all, new to site and surf, love the car but no power!! pulls away ok but halts at 2700 revs, turbo light on but goes out if you try to give it some welly and then the red (ing) light comes on, also very slow up hills!! and i mean slow got beat by the milkman, put the surf in local garage but they were not able to plug into dia-machine due to plug type, can anyone help please or tell me a good garage that can sort out surfs around oxford
    Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

tonyn is down in basingstoke he is your best bet he is on here somewhere or someone will come up with a link

Comment

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Could take him a couple of days to drive there. However, his fuel consumption will be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHardy
          Hi all, new to site and surf, love the car but no power!! pulls away ok but halts at 2700 revs, turbo light on but goes out if you try to give it some welly and then the red (ing) light comes on, also very slow up hills!! and i mean slow got beat by the milkman, put the surf in local garage but they were not able to plug into dia-machine due to plug type, can anyone help please or tell me a good garage that can sort out surfs around oxford

I would guess you got serious problems with your turbo charger mate! Mine launches off at around 2500-3000! Could be the bearings etc!

No red light should come on and if its the one on the rev counter then thats the engine check light saying you have problems!

Contact your nearest garage if your not happy about looking yourself and get them to look in the turbo for any sign of damage etc

Comment

probably nothing to do with it but have you got the overdrive on and has the ect button been pressed by accident.
            If it was the bearings on the turbo i would think you would know as it sounds like a bag of nails rattling around
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              probably nothing to do with it but have you got the overdrive on and has the ect button been pressed by accident.
              If it was the bearings on the turbo i would think you would know as it sounds like a bag of nails rattling around

i was tempted to say OD an ECT but overdrive just takes it up to fourth gear so shouldnt alter power!
              And on my surf the ECT switch only does anything at about 3500-4000revs so shouldnt cause issues at 2700rpm

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Thanks for the link

Comment

I would have thought one of your vacuum pipes is off. No idea which, or anything more detailed, but have a look under the bonnet for a rubber tube that's not connected.

Comment

Car sounds good and drives ok if you are a granny! so dont think it's thr turbo, looked at some of the other problems and think it may be feul starvation, have looked at something about turning uo the pump by 1/8 turn? where is it located, have tried all dif combinatins o/d on/off ect on/off but all the same

Comment

When was the surf last serviced oil coolant all filters and given a good dose of redex

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                        I would have thought one of your vacuum pipes is off. No idea which, or anything more detailed, but have a look under the bonnet for a rubber tube that's not connected.
                        Thanks for the responce, have checked all pipes found 2 off 1 loose but after re-conecting still made no difference

Comment

When was the surf last serviced oil coolant all filters and given a good dose of redex
                          was told it was last serviced 1 month ago, only had car since monday, but was also told that the milage worked out to be 55k miles after my conversion this works out to 65k!! so what do i b leave?

Comment

was told it was last serviced 1 month ago, only had car since monday, but was also told that the milage worked out to be 55k miles after my conversion this works out to 65k!! so what do i b leave?
                            if they lied about the milage then i would get it serviced again just for peace of mind get your filters from www.milneroffroad.com and some semi synthetic oil about 6.5 to 7l

Comment

Pull out the dipstick and look at the oil. Golden and translucent = new, Black = old. Have a look at the air filter and see if it's clean too. You'll soon know if it was serviced a month ago.

Sounds like someone's sold you a bit of a lemon (don't how you beat me to it....) but it sounds more like something come loose or needs a clean than anything terminal.

You can hear the turbo kicking in if it's working.

If you bought it from a dealer, take it back and get them to sort it. If private, take a little trip down to see Tony and he should be able to put you straight no worries. Or, if you're feeling brave and know a bit about engines, keep plugging away here and we should be able to sort it eventually.

Oh yeah, and do a search on 'paper clip' to find out about running diagnostics.

Comment

Working...
                              X