No announcement yet.

Fuel Pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the way I understand it the diesel injection pump is a distribution pump which has to pump continuously at a very high pressure, whereas the in-line type petrol fuel pumps are not at all the same thing as most of them are designed to pump to a carb.

Fuel injection pumps are very high spec units and require the same build quality as an engine, and work to similar tollerances.

Shame.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

what kind of pressures are we talking about? demon tweeks do various types of pumps for both injection and non injection i think, like i said i know nothing about pumps but if it saves you £££ it may be worth looking into.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        what kind of pressures are we talking about?
        At the injectors-

over 2000 PSI.

Nev

Comment

:i'll get me coat:
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by samsun
            Yes the battery is fine, the engine is turning over but it cuts out or at worst wont actually fire and start. I even had the jump leads on and it didnt help it fire, apparently there is not enough fuel getting through!!!!

Have you tried a new fuel filter?

Comment

Try this link, s/h fuel pump!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...7849&rd=1&rd=1
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by samsun
                I am by no means a mechanic so if I say anything that doesnt make sense just say.

When I tried to start it (after having new battery and glow plug) would not fully turn over, with the pedal down it would rev to 1 thousand and still cut out, when bump starting it was a stubborn sod and didnt want to kick in. I got it to a mates garage and he hooked up and in-line pump to see if it was the fuel pump. According to him it started a treat and he is pretty sure the fuel pump is knackered, he didnt mention any leaks though.

Does any of that make sense?
                are you sure your mate is talking about the fuel pump, sounds more like the primer pump and by passing that with an in line filter to start it. if its the primer pump he is on about that will be 60 odd quid from roughtrax

Comment

Working...
                X