What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it?

What is the denso unit, that sits above what i think is the power stering pump, and below the thermostat housing on the passenger side of the engine towards the front.

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the fuel system and it has a pipe that goes on to what i think is the injector leak off pipe across the top of the injectors. Pump??

Should it have any pipes coming out of it not connected to anything? If i remember rightly it was a pipe at the front that went to the injectors, and a pipe towards the rear which comes out the top then bends over and goes down the engine side of it, it was this pipe that doesn't have anything connected. If it's part of the fuel system i'm thinking this may be the cause of my v. poor economy. I'm not asking for miracles but i'd like to be able to get 20-22 mpg out of it.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Got any pics? Can't remember there being anything there, the leak off pipe normally goes from the injectors-top of fuel pump-back to tank as far as I can remember.

Edit, or are you actually talking about the pump? Thought everyone knew what that was!

If you have loose pipes or wires something isn't right.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

This thing, sorry the pictures don't show where it is very well

=========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        and a pipe towards the rear which comes out the top then bends over and goes down the engine side of it, it was this pipe that doesn't have anything connected. .
        The part that goes down the back of the pump is just a tag that stops the fitting spinning round when you do it up. Sorry, keep looking.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers Tony, i'll work it out one day, or bring it up to you at MOT time cos i know it needs a few things doing.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

If it's got denso written on it then I reckon it's the fuel pump, mine leaks from somewhere since the head was changed and now I only get 18mpg ( 22mpg pre head change)
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
            X