X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony N. Pumping the Primer.....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/ne...ote=1&p=283918

R.e. the post above.....

Does that do for mine too? I have the same problem but the problem won't go away, even though I have done the pump priming thing you suggest a few different times...

I haven't had anyone 'crank' mine though while I did it - I take it I should get someone to kick the revs up a little while I prime it?
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Yeah, get someone to turn the key, while you pump the pump. Then once its running keep pumping till the plunger feels stiff to push down, and comes back up slowly.

Once its runs it should be OK.

The primer pumps can leak a little, and it sucks in a little air overnight, and needs to bleed itself before it will start. If you keep pumping once its hard, and you can get a small diesel leak from around the pressed steel body of the primer bit, its time for a new one.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Don't be too rough on the starter though. In other words don't crank for an extended period. Give the starter a short break if it doesn't start straight away.

Nev

Comment

Phwooar! Cranking & Pumping

Comment

Ok, thanks. However, the car starts fine every time. Only on isolated incidents will it fire up and then die after a second. Sometimes it will do it if I stop at a set of lights and stuff like that. I have done the pump priming thing when the engine is cold and also when it is running.

So I need to have someone putting their foot down a little to get revs up while I pump?

Is the fact that this keeps re-curring a problem I should worry about... I have absolutely no leak from anywhere, including the primer / pump etc....
          www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

Working...
          X