Oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak

Ok there seems to be oil leaking for the where the air intake meet teh turbo, i think. I've attached a pic of where the oil seems to be leaking from. There also seems to be oil in teh air filter.

Many thanks for any assistance.
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

I wouldnt worry. All derv engines with decent miles on the clock do that. You can get an oil catch to prevent this, but its nowt TBH
    What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Remove all the intake hoses and pipes and give them a good clean. Some oil is normal but it left for a long time will build up. Also check the condition of intake hoses and replace if necessary. The elbow between intake and turbo breaks down eventually. Give it a squeeze when you remove it. It will crumble if it has reached the end of its life. Better to replace than have bits sucked into the turbo.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
        Remove all the intake hoses and pipes and give them a good clean. Some oil is normal but it left for a long time will build up. Also check the condition of intake hoses and replace if necessary. The elbow between intake and turbo breaks down eventually. Give it a squeeze when you remove it. It will crumble if it has reached the end of its life. Better to replace than have bits sucked into the turbo.

Nev
        Ta, will give it a clean at the weekend, if it's warm.
        There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Working...
        X