Air in the fuel pump......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air in the fuel pump......

I have done the 'pumping the primer' trick and it was fine for a day and then yesterday it started oplaying up again (low idle at lights and the engine cutting out....). When this happens I get quite a lot of black smoke that turns white and then gradually disappears altogether from exhaust as I increase revs by putting my foot on accelerator pedal to drive away. Either that or the engine cuts out before I get chance to put my foot on the pedal.

What could this be? WOuld air in the fuel pump cause this smoke?

Why does the smoke get lighter if I increase the revs again?
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

I have had something very similar...

initially is was a cracked primer pump... replaced that with a used one from Jotto... that went at the weekend... and just replaced it with a new one from roughtrax... (£62)... touch wood, truck actually started today, and no spluttering...

If its suddenly gone, tehn something somewhere has broken... if its faded out... then it must be a seal...

Comment

Yeah, I will just see how it goes.

This only happened after I got a stop switch seal replaced on my pump, annoying really. Should the mechanic take responsibility for this or should I be paying again for another repair?

Comment

Yeah, I will just see how it goes.

This only happened after I got a stop switch seal replaced on my pump, annoying really. Should the mechanic take responsibility for this or should I be paying again for another repair?

Comment

If I were you, I'd take it back the garage, say it's cutting out, say that you've been told it's probably air in the fuel system and see what they say.

I don't think you need to start worrying about who takes reponsibility or anything. Most garages will just have a look and sort it out.

Comment

Ok, cool. I shall then.

Comment

Still got this problem. Doesn't happen very often but the longer I drive the worse it gets when I stop.

WHat causes it? How does the air get in?

Comment

Did you do what Sancho said? What did they say?

Comment

Nope, not taken it in yet - a bit skint til end of month mate.....

Comment

If they did the previous works tell them it's cream crackered since then. Tell them it's their fault, at least they'll look and give you an idea.

Comment

I shall, I aint been back in yet though.....

May get it sorted early next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X