Complete Gasket Set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Gasket Set?

Bit of help and advice again please guys.The oil leak from the head is getting progressively worse so Im going to tackle the head gasket at the weekend. I also want renew the valve stem oil seals while the heads off ( and possibly re-seat the valves if theyre a bit pitted) but Ive looked on both milners and roughtrax sites and cant find the valve seals listed as available parts. I presume that theyre included in a full head set, but I was hoping to leave the inlet and exhaust manifold on the head so I dont really want to be buying gaskets that I dont need. Ive read some previous threads about taking the head off so I think Im right that it can be done with the ancilliaries still attached, but can I get the valve seals seperately from somewhere?
    My karma ran over my dogma ..
    Paul

I suspect valve stem seals would be a dealer part.
    You can remove the head with the manifolds still attatched, but you'll need a couple of burly mates or an engine hoist, 'cos it's bleedin' heavy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy-No-Money
      Bit of help and advice again please guys.The oil leak from the head is getting progressively worse so Im going to tackle the head gasket at the weekend. I also want renew the valve stem oil seals while the heads off ( and possibly re-seat the valves if theyre a bit pitted) but Ive looked on both milners and roughtrax sites and cant find the valve seals listed as available parts. I presume that theyre included in a full head set, but I was hoping to leave the inlet and exhaust manifold on the head so I dont really want to be buying gaskets that I dont need. Ive read some previous threads about taking the head off so I think Im right that it can be done with the ancilliaries still attached, but can I get the valve seals seperately from somewhere?
      ..... and an armfull of shims if you are going to grind in the valves!
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
      X