yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine cutting out immediately after start up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine cutting out immediately after start up....

Well, I suspect foul play but I got my car back from the mechanic before.... The oil leak is still there but the fuel leak seems to have gone....

I have had the rocker gasket replaced and they seem to have done a good job as it looks neat and clean and there appears to be no leak from the top of the engine anymore.

However, I was waiting at traffic lights earlier when I noticed the engine had cut out. No chugging or anything - it just went dead...... So, I started it up again and it drove fine. Then I went to a friends, when I got back in the car I turned the key, waited for the "you can turn the key all the way now four eyes" siren and started it up. It started up great as it always does now since the new batteries but then the revs settled and kept going down until the engine cut out. So.... I waited a second and went through the whole process again and then it started fine and off I went.... I have now refilled my oil tank to the right level with 10/40 part synthetic petrol / diesel oil (recommended by the guy at a local motor shop) and it seems to be ok but then at the petrol station I put some fuel in and the same problem happened again....

What does this sound like? It didn't do this even once before I had the rocker cover and fuel pump seals sorted. Do you reckon the people at the garage have done something to get me back in and fleece me....?

Any advice fellers?
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Air in the FUEL system?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Pump the fuel primer on the fuel filter till its hard to make sure there is no airlocks in the system first.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
        Well, I suspect foul play but I got my car back from the mechanic before.... The oil leak is still there but the fuel leak seems to have gone....

I have had the rocker gasket replaced and they seem to have done a good job as it looks neat and clean and there appears to be no leak from the top of the engine anymore.

However, I was waiting at traffic lights earlier when I noticed the engine had cut out. No chugging or anything - it just went dead...... So, I started it up again and it drove fine. Then I went to a friends, when I got back in the car I turned the key, waited for the "you can turn the key all the way now four eyes" siren and started it up. It started up great as it always does now since the new batteries but then the revs settled and kept going down until the engine cut out. So.... I waited a second and went through the whole process again and then it started fine and off I went.... I have now refilled my oil tank to the right level with 10/40 part synthetic petrol / diesel oil (recommended by the guy at a local motor shop) and it seems to be ok but then at the petrol station I put some fuel in and the same problem happened again....

What does this sound like? It didn't do this even once before I had the rocker cover and fuel pump seals sorted. Do you reckon the people at the garage have done something to get me back in and fleece me....?

Any advice fellers?
        sounds like its letting in air when you switch off, i,ve just finished a pajero pump they suffer from front seal letting in air overnight,sounds like the same prob will start immediately but then cut out, next time try priming the fuel up before you start, if it runs ok it has def got air in it.
        JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Call me paranoid but have you tried the compression it's the last thing I tried mine used to conk out at the lights etc etc

yours paranoid

or maybe I have decompression syndrom
          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

How does one.... 'pump the primer'?

Comment

How does one.... 'pump the primer'?

Study this photo, and look for the same object in your engine bay and press the black disc with the palm of your hand a number of times until resistance can be felt.
              Have the engine running when you press it.

p.s. the same object will NOT have a yellow circle around it and yellow up and down arrows along side it in your engine compartment!

Comment

That's funny.

Comment

Damn it whacker. I have just bought a phucking yellow crayon to make mine just like that one in your picture.

Comment

Ok then.... Once I pump my primer til it is hard is that it problem solved? Or do I have to then take it to the mechanic to sort the air lock out?

Comment

Ok then.... Once I pump my primer til it is hard is that it problem solved? Or do I have to then take it to the mechanic to sort the air lock out?

Once you've pumped the primer, the remaining air in the fuel will work it's way through and sort it'self out.

Comment

Ok, cool. Thanks Bush.

Comment

Problem solved, nice one. Found the primer, back of engine bay - was easy to spot.....

Comment

Working...
                          X