part number for oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part number for oil filter

Does anyone have a part number for the oil filter that the local motor factor could cross reference? I know they list them for forerunners but have no surf info, would it be the same filter?
    My karma ran over my dogma ..
    Paul

Its the same as any 3.0TD 4Runner, or 2.4 deisel Hilux Pickup.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks mate, off to the shops I go.....

final thought, if i ask for a hilux oil filter will it need to be for the same year as my surf, and for a turbo engine?
      Last edited by Billy-No-Money; 13 February 2007, 14:59.
      Paul

Comment

have a look in the general servicing info sticky thread thing mattf and some others already cross referenced a load for different suppliers.

edit: here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by Billy-No-Money
          Thanks mate, off to the shops I go.....

final thought, if i ask for a hilux oil filter will it need to be for the same year as my surf, and for a turbo engine?
          YOu can use your truck for the year, but they are all the same, as long as its for a 2.4 (2L) or 3.0 (1KZ/T) Diesel motor.

Comment

ok, so I just ramg the local motor factors who are usually competetive pricewise and gave him the filter part number. In stock, £16.20. Just checked milners to see if its worth the 20 minute drive, £4.50. Am I being stitched, or is Milners filter really poor grade?
            Paul

Comment

ok, so I just ramg the local motor factors who are usually competetive pricewise and gave him the filter part number. In stock, £16.20. Just checked milners to see if its worth the 20 minute drive, £4.50. Am I being stitched, or is Milners filter really poor grade?
              Don't froget Milners one is + vat and + delivery.

I get mine from Roughtrax.....

Genuine Toyota ones are less than that.

Comment

a lot of us on here use the milners filters.We normally get the filter kits as it works out cheaper and to cut back on p&p but as you are nearby it don't make no differance to you but go for the milners
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Don't froget Milners one is + vat and + delivery.

I get mine from Roughtrax.....

Genuine Toyota ones are less than that.
                  vat makes it £5.28, no p+p as its a 15 minute drive. Mind you, 15 minutes each way in the surf .....
                  Paul

Comment

vat makes it £5.28, no p+p as its a 15 minute drive. Mind you, 15 minutes each way in the surf .....
                    but you still wont use £10 of fuel going there and back.See if there is anything else you need while you are there to save another journey

Comment

just rang them to check price ( good job too cos she told me they've moved so I'd never have found them) and they have an offer on. All three filters and 6 lts of semi synth oil for £34 including the vat. Sounds like a bargain so I might as well change 'em all while Im at it
                      Paul

Comment

just rang them to check price ( good job too cos she told me they've moved so I'd never have found them) and they have an offer on. All three filters and 6 lts of semi synth oil for £34 including the vat. Sounds like a bargain so I might as well change 'em all while Im at it
                        just aswell then at least its all done and out the way.I think you will need about 6.5-7l of oil tho to refill after a oil change

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                          just aswell then at least its all done and out the way.I think you will need about 6.5-7l of oil tho to refill after a oil change
                          I asked that cos on one of these threads I picked up that it was about 7ish with a filter change but she insisted that 6 was enough with a little left over.
                          Paul

Comment

I asked that cos on one of these threads I picked up that it was about 7ish with a filter change but she insisted that 6 was enough with a little left over.
                            i done mine in January and they told me 7l and i put in about 6.5l and i have still got the 7x1l bottles in the garage.So to be on the safe side i would get that extra 1l.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                              i done mine in January and they told me 7l and i put in about 6.5l and i have still got the 7x1l bottles in the garage.So to be on the safe side i would get that extra 1l.
                              Just got back from Milners with oil n filter set. He was firmly convinced that I would need only 6lts and quite indignant when I told hin I wanted 7 as though i was questioning his integrity! They might be nearby n they might be cheap but yo can tell that they do most of their business via mail order. the girl on the phone was loveley to speak to but the bloke in the stores oviously doesnt get a lot of practice speaking to customers.
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X