back to the head...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plumb bob
    The thing about this ( and many other ) forum is that nobody ever posts in to say that their surf is working fine and they've never had any problems of any kind. If you look at the number of members ( about 9000 I think) and then look at the number of problems its a pretty good average.Most of the faults seem to be along the same lines, heads, cooling, electrical etc. etc.

Most of the probs come from the scond gens which can be up to 20 years old, no vehicle makes it to 20 yrs without problems. Mine is 18 yrs and I've had a new head, tyres, shocks and springs, alternator, air con regas, rear window motor, coz they were just old and worn out ( 95000 miles) and I've still got some electrical problems.

Just think yourself lucky you did'nt buy a Freelander!!! He, he, he.

mines running fine.

now i put another turbo in it and changed the oil and filters and cleaned the rad out but thats my own fault
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      OMG!!! You don't want to go there.
      Aaaawww. You're such a party pooper.

Comment

re

Originally posted by plumb bob
        The thing about this ( and many other ) forum is that nobody ever posts in to say that their surf is working fine
        mine's working fine

it has had some pre-emptive maintenance, a little rear window motor love, and some minor mods.

and most bizarrely, the 4wd which had just steadfastly refused to work at all, despite countless hours checking and diagnosing vacuum lines etc, and which I had temporarily given up on thinking I need a new vacuum actuator, fixed itself yesterday!

purely out of habit I pressed the button on the gravel by the garages, and in it went! light on, reassuring clunk, 4wd presto. have engaged, disengaged and driven it about for about an hour since, and it really has just fixed itself. ..now I really love this car

...only one week until I attempt to properly break it using the thousand mile heavy trailer tow (thats a drumroll...)
        Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Mine is working fine too, except I need a new radiator.

Comment

Working...
          X