aarggh sheared off a wheel nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aarggh sheared off a wheel nut

hi everyone, hope you're all having a fun filled weekend of joy?

i spent most of today replacing the front disc pads, managed to get a set for £16 from a local autoparts place seems someone ordered them and never picked them up....

well anyway to the real reason for this thread. in the process of trying to remove a front wheel, i managed to shear one of the wheel nuts off along with its stud. once i'd used all the 4-letter words immediately available to describe the situation, i composed myself and replaced the disc pads, etc, etc.

so, i used the search button on here and found i can get replacement studs and wheel nuts - excellent - what i couldnt find was explanation of how to actually install a new stud.

i'm aware that i can bash the old one out and bash the new one in, but do i have to take the whole hub and disc thingy off, or can the disc assembly be moved back far enough for me to do the work without having to take the whole thing to pieces?

thanks for any info/pics

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ght=WHEEL+NUTS

Do all six , They have splines and will push out and in . It took me about a hour to do with a mate helping
    Last edited by Woodzie; 27 January 2007, 19:49.
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

ah haa, much appreciated!! thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad Wolvey
        ah haa, much appreciated!! thanks!!
        A good vice helps
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
        X