glowplug busbar... order of reassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glowplug busbar... order of reassembly

well decided to change the glowplugs on the truck, no problems except for me having memory loss on the order of the bits that go on the stud for the electrics to the bus bar, i think it goes like this from bottom of stud up: insulator, busbar, electrical connector, nylon/ rubber bush then the holding nut, hope this makes sense its easy when you see it but trying to explain it isnt so easy

does this sound right?
    cheers

here you go.......

Comment

does the electrical connection go directly on top of the busbar? thats not shown on pic but thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kevhenson
        does the electrical connection go directly on top of the busbar? thats not shown on pic but thanks
        Yeah, otherwise its not going to power the busbar!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

yeah that had occured to me but can remember reading somewhere on here about someone shorting one so thought id ask to be safe
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kevhenson
            yeah that had occured to me but can remember reading somewhere on here about someone shorting one so thought id ask to be safe
            thanks

Its easy really, the busbar needs to touch the wiring tag, but none of it must touch the manifold or the nut and stud, there is only one way the isolators can go so they insulate the wire from the manifold and nut.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Get it wrong and you blow the 80 amp fuse
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Get it wrong and you blow the 80 amp fuse

knew id read it somewhere but all done now, still a bit lumpy on a cold start tho

Comment

Working...
                X