Auto box problems :-( Help Help Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto box problems :-( Help Help Help

Can anyone help...I'm having probs with my auto box on a 2.4td surf......everything was fine this morning on the way to work...Then on the way home i stopped of at the shops....then when i came to start of again, found that surf wouldnt move of in any gear....I noticed the warning light AT/P on the dash was on when park was selected. As i dont own a handbook, can anyone tell me if they might a clue what the prob is or what the light warning is for....

Also as i may need a auto box, does anyone have one for sale..or know where i could get on.....

Any help would be appreciated..

Col

as far as I know the warning light you mention comes on when the hi / lo range lever is in neutral, this would also explain your problem, could you have accidently nudged it into neutral when getting in / out , worth checking
    Former owner of 94 Surf SSR-X 3.0 TD

Comment

Thanks for the reply rob....yes i agree this could have happend....Where should the lever be positioned under normal driving....

Comment

In the H position, back away from the dash
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by freestyle_col
          Thanks for the reply rob....yes i agree this could have happend....Where should the lever be positioned under normal driving....
          the lever should be pulled right back H2
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks guys.........Ill check the position of the lever tommorow....as the AA towed it to a garage...

I'm goin to look a right ciint if its just the lever that i've knocked....hey could be worse though cud hav been lookin at a new box..

Chears again Col.........ill let you know what happens..

Comment

thanks guys.........Ill check the position of the lever tommorow....as the AA towed it to a garage...

I'm goin to look a right ciint if its just the lever that i've knocked....hey could be worse though cud hav been lookin at a new box..

just make sure the gear selector is in park or N to get the H/L2 into position

Comment

10 posts and looks like hes a candidate for the cellar

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                  10 posts and looks like hes a candidate for the cellar

Bogus
                  tthat has to be the quickest yet to be cellar fodder

Comment

We should also put the AA man in the cellar....... I mean check the transfer box is in neutral, it is not rocket science for the "very nice man" or "the man who can" is it....... is it?
                    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                    X