Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless exhaust

Hi All

While trying to get the surf running The rear pipe snapped over the back axle so when or if i ever get it going I will need an exhaust. I want to go stainles and looked on the site but haven't found and off the shelf supplier yet any ideas.

Cheers
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

I went custom when mine was done, but it's a common place for them to go, and there are sellers on ebay selling the rear section in stainless. It's certainly possible to get most if not all of the exhaust sections in stainless at reasonable prices, so no worries on that front. It's just a case of finding them, but they are about.

Milners may be worth a try but they might only be in mild steel.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Theres a few posts on here about stainless systems. You can get a full 3" ss system for around £350 from powerflow.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Cheers I will try and find them is it just power flow on internet.
        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/ - mine was from their aswell, they build them all up on the car to your own spec/preferences and they're not too badly priced.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Stainless

Hi,
            I am currently building up a stainless exhaust as the ones available off the shelf will only last about 3 yrs. Lots of money for whats basically bent pieces of recycled bean cans!
            Of course if you have the money get a full stainless system custom made.
            Here`s the shoestring budget way: I purchased a full stainless Powerflow exhaust silencer with about 0.5m curved pipe (to go over the axle) already welded on on ebay for £13.00. I purchased a 1.2m length of 60mm tube and a Torctite band clamp also on ebay for another £30. When all the bits arrive the only welding involved is the 2 bolt flange off the old exhaust on to the straight pipe section. The exhaust will bolt onto the flange after the middle flexi-pipe and exit to the rear of the nearside rear mud-flap.
            Am still waiting for bits to arrive so will post pics later!!
            PS Milners also sell stainless bits online but not straightforward to find on their website! http://www.milneroffroad.com/PIPE.HTM

cheers,chris
            Last edited by chrisinflight; 16 January 2007, 00:09.