Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulux-surf. Bad, I Mean Bad Smoking!

New to this and really need some help!
    I bought a Hilux-surf 2.4TD SSRX 1993 import and it billows out black smoke on acceleration, and when its pulling up hills. I have tried blanking off the EGR, i have taken out the air filter and I have put injector cleaner through several times and none of these things worked. In fact, it is worse now than it's ever been..
    My Hilux-surf goes really well, and the smoking does not affect performance. Does anyone know how to decrease the pump, turn the pump back? I think this could be the problem?

it won't be long before I'm pulled in for contributing to global warming!
    Does anyone have any ideas!

Originally posted by Log-man
    New to this and really need some help!
    I bought a Hilux-surf 2.4TD SSRX 1993 import and it billows out black smoke on acceleration, and when its pulling up hills. I have tried blanking off the EGR, i have taken out the air filter and I have put injector cleaner through several times and none of these things worked. In fact, it is worse now than it's ever been..
    My Hilux-surf goes really well, and the smoking does not affect performance. Does anyone know how to decrease the pump, turn the pump back? I think this could be the problem?

it won't be long before I'm pulled in for contributing to global warming!
    Does anyone have any ideas!

Hi,
    Have a read through this.......http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...highlight=told

it will explain about an adjustment screw on the fuel pump. It refers to turning the screw clockwise to increase the fuel supply for more power.
    Sounds like you need to turn it the other way!!
    Or you could do with new/re-conditioned injectors.

Comment

Managed to find the injecter pump screw adjuster, turned it back, the thing was WIDE open! Now I have no smoke and I'm saving a fortune on fuel! Lost a bit of power, but I didn't get it for speed.
      Thanks for your advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Log-man
        Managed to find the injecter pump screw adjuster, turned it back, the thing was WIDE open! Now I have no smoke and I'm saving a fortune on fuel! Lost a bit of power, but I didn't get it for speed.
        Thanks for your advice!
        turn it in 45 degrees at a time till your power picks up it did on mine but took me a couple of days experementing with it.
        JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Working...
        X