Sump bolt/plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump bolt/plug

Just a quickie. Are copper washers okay to use on the sump bolt, rather than the specific crush washers? If so, what's the o/d of the sump bolt?

Cheers.

Originally posted by MattF
    Just a quickie. Are copper washers okay to use on the sump bolt, rather than the specific crush washers? If so, what's the o/d of the sump bolt?

Cheers.

I used a fibre washer on mine, you can buy a pack of various sizes from the likes of halfords.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      I used a fibre washer on mine, you can buy a pack of various sizes from the likes of halfords.
      Back on form I see, Vince. I just have a preference for copper over fibre. Moulds to the contours more easily. I assume if you've used fibre, 2mm thick copper should be fine, then? Was just going to order some, but have no idea what size the bolt is. And for less than a fiver for a pack, I'll have a lifetimes supply, even at my oil change interval zealot level.

Comment

With the copper you can use time and time again, where the fibre washers you supposed to replace
        Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
          With the copper you can use time and time again, where the fibre washers you supposed to replace
          Annealing is a wonderful thing, ain't it. Have a bag of 50 on their way, so should be set for life.

Comment

Working...
          X