Banjo trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banjo trouble

Hi folks me again, managed to get the banjo fitting into the right place (previous thread) On starting the motor, the connection (turbo oil feed near the oil filter) was loosing oil so I nipped it up and hey presto it threaded the outlet. looks like a helicoil job, unless anyone has any other ideas. A couple of questions on the helicoil thing,

does anyone know the thread size of the bolt ?
    where to buy the kit ?

the bolt is 10mm with about 12mm of thread and is 22 mm to the shoulder.

cheers for any help
    Col
    All the best

M10 X 1.5 is the thread size for the banjo bolt. Did you replace the copper washers which are the gaskets on the banjo fitting? One either side of the section on the hose.

If you drill and retap or helicoil do not drill much deeper than the length needed to screw in the bolt. Check length needed by measuring with bolt through fitting with seals in place. The hole through the oil cooler housing is not a straight through hole. It angles upward after the threaded section. If you do this on the vehicle with the cooler in place and drill too deep you risk damaging the housing or even drilling through the baffle inside which carries the oil.

Nev

Comment

Banjo

Cheers to Nifty & Tony for the help,
      Ordered an m10x1.5 Helicoil kit will be here tomorow. So if anyone on the site needs to borrow it in the future give me a shout and it can be a communial hiluxsurf.co.uk tool.
      I realalised that I had only put one of the washers on so this may have lead to the leak and me overtightening it.
      Cheers again for the help.

Col
      All the best

Comment

I do have used covers here if you screw (pun intended ) it up.

(not that you will......)
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X