faulty water pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faulty water pump?

My heater started blowing cold air a day ago and next thing you know my engine started over heating, when I popped the hood, coolant was boiling and overflowing the resevoir. I figured it was maybe a thermostat, I removed it and tested it and I still have the same problem. I also tested my antifreeze for oil, as I was told I may have a cracked cylinder head... nothing. Next guess would be water pump? How do I know if this is the problem? Any other guess's as to whats going on?

Thanks again

canadian surfer

Originally posted by erik07112
    My heater started blowing cold air a day ago and next thing you know my engine started over heating, when I popped the hood, coolant was boiling and overflowing the resevoir. I figured it was maybe a thermostat, I removed it and tested it and I still have the same problem. I also tested my antifreeze for oil, as I was told I may have a cracked cylinder head... nothing. Next guess would be water pump? How do I know if this is the problem? Any other guess's as to whats going on?

Thanks again

canadian surfer
    hi there.if you scroll down to the bottom of this page there are a couple of threads about the water pump take a look there and see if they are of any help to you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Replace the rad cap and get any airlocks out of the system. If that doesn't sort it, your head may be knacked.
      Last edited by MattF; 5 January 2007, 23:35.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Replace the rad cap and get any airlocks out of the system. If that doesn't sort it, your head may be knacked.

knacked= mis-spelt English slang term for f*cked!

Comment

I also tested my antifreeze for oil, as I was told I may have a cracked cylinder head... nothing. Next guess would be water pump? How do I know if this is the problem? Any other guess's as to whats going on?

Thanks again

canadian surfer
          No oil in the water dosn't mean the head isn't cracked, they don't often fail where oil can get into the water, it normally cracks between the valves, so that combustion pressure pressurises the cooling system, leading it dump all the coolant out of the expansion tank.

The heater going cold means it had started dumping water out, then when enough has spilled out it'll overheat.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks again

canadian surfer
            A guess yes, exactly what happened to mine:http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28007 sorry if it is m8
            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
            X