Battery numbers amps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery numbers amps ?

Well as usual i have made a spur of the moment purchase from fleabay 93 2.4td surf ..non runner....£995 My guess is its probably going to be the usual (head), it is going to be an ongoing project so the non running bit does not concern me ..... but..... the batteries are completely waisted and i think by all the japanese stickers on them they are the originals. Now my local tyre and battery place are pretty helpful but have any of you guys or ladies had a pair of batteries fitted lately and if so have you got the associated part number ampage just to make things a little easier please. It would be nice just to get it started just to see what else i am going to be up against!!!!! Note for Sumo ............dont worry ive still got the 1st gen !!!!! Thanks in advance!!

Originally posted by fenman666
    Well as usual i have made a spur of the moment purchase from fleabay 93 2.4td surf ..non runner....£995 My guess is its probably going to be the usual (head), it is going to be an ongoing project so the non running bit does not concern me ..... but..... the batteries are completely waisted and i think by all the japanese stickers on them they are the originals. Now my local tyre and battery place are pretty helpful but have any of you guys or ladies had a pair of batteries fitted lately and if so have you got the associated part number ampage just to make things a little easier please. It would be nice just to get it started just to see what else i am going to be up against!!!!! Note for Sumo ............dont worry ive still got the 1st gen !!!!! Thanks in advance!!
    Seem to recall a similar ?? recently
    I recall the main man Mr Tony quoted 570 024 054 O/S 570 029 054 N/S wiv amps @ 70 thereabouts, for about £100.
    I could of got it wrong, in which case somebody 'll be along shortly a dispute this ........ Good Luck

There's Always a Payback .... You just can't see em Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thats right, its all here....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ight=batteries

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thankyou!

Comment

Well fitted new batteries and it made no attempt to turn over ..... i kept flicking the key and it was moving the pulleys by about an inch everytime... then suddenly it burst into life and after a bit of cranking away it went... BUT i now have a large pool of engine oil in my garage. Well we have all had that feeling where you have a big sigh and say b#####ks but i then noticed that the oil was coming from the oil filter region so i removed the filter only to find the sealing ring had split!!!! So tomorrow i will try a new filter and see what happens next!!! The other thing i noticed is that even in park i can move the surf back and forth so my guess is the gearbox is knackered? So i may be in the market for another auto box.... Oh the joys of surf ownership...I will keep you posted!

Comment

Don't be too quick to comdem the gearbox. If the hi-low transfer level is in netrual than the truck will move as well (the dogs taught me that little trick).
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Get the engine and gearbox fluids moving around b4 you junk the box. It could just be a little stickshon on one of the servo valves if its been sat around and its been put into N using the manual unlock button.
              If at first etc? Find a BIGGER HAMMER!

Comment

£995 surf part 2

Thanks for that ....Maverick you were spot on ..not used to auto's but you live and learn gearbox is functioning perfect.Any way i fitted a new oil filter today filled with fresh oil, fired her up and it runs sweet only problem is a slight knock. I am wondering whether one of the injectors is not atomizing properly or maybe cam needs shiming. Worst case senario could be a little end worn though oil pressure is spot on and it comes up to temperature perfectly with no obvious signs of head trouble. I am going for the easiest option first ..try running without the viscous fan... this may seem weird but many years ago,about 25!!!! i had a vauxhall viva which developed a similar knocking noise all the guys at the garage told me the little ends were shot so i bought a recon engine fitted it and the $$$$$$ noise was still there........ removed viscous fan noise gone!!!! you can imagine what i said , anyway i will keep you all posted!!

Comment

Thats OK it was the dogs that found it out for me. Now if I've left the vehicle with them in it I always put the handbrake on.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                  X