Happy 2007 - Rebuild Starting ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 2007 - Rebuild Starting ??

Ey'up and a happy new year to you all, and a big thank's to all of you whom have posted your info on the forum, helping everybody. I have had some great help and advice over the past 12 months.

Anyway bottom end siezed up, new block from Stevo in Stockport. Put it in, head on, and as far as I know all the wires and plumbing back in place. Managed to get fuel from the top of the injectors before tightening. I have spent a couple of hours charging/turning to no avail.

92' 2.4

I am jumping the surf from a frontera and must have tried about a dozen times, waiting in-between for the batts to charge.
    Full Tank
    Lights and starter ect seem normal (heater light and clicks)

Only problem is the wife took pitty on me doing all this in the rain and kept making me cofees with a shot of whiskey and now Im P****d

A couple of things on my mind ???

I have a Stirling CAT 2 imobiliser - will it need re-setting after the batteries being off ?

Are there any checks I can do (with a normal auto voltmeter) that I can do ?

Or do I just persist.

Cheers - Col

Any ideas will be greatfully received

All the best and good luck for the new year>>>>
    All the best

I'd loosen all the injectors pipe nuts a little and crank it till its squirting out everywhere, then nip them up.

If its getting fuel it can't be the immobiliser, as they normally work on the fuel shut off valve and the starter circuit, so if its cranking and getting fuel its OK.

Check you've got power to the glow plug rail, and that the batterys are charged. It'll need to spin quickly to start sometimes.

I've had trouble in the past getting them to start after major work, literally hours of cranking before it'll start coughing into life. but once its run once, its fine from then on. Often a fuel pump thing.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X