Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump adjust

Greetings again
    Here's a poser for you, with reference to my continuous 17 MPG !!! mate of mine with a pajero says you can adjust the fuel pump to make it run leaner thus improve MPG any of you guy's heard or tried this ? plus still cant work out why it belches out black smoke on start up then it stops when it's warm any ideas on that .

Black smoke is usually caused by a dirty/clogged air filter.
    As yours is belching on start-up, you may very well have a fuelling problem, and yes you can adjust the flow rate of the pump.

All is explained here, http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...&highlight=god
    except you'll need to turn the screw to other way to decrease the amount of fuel.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 29 December 2006, 17:17.

Comment

Thanx mate

Really appreciate the help, will try it and see what 'apenns'

Comment

Just been reading through all the threads, but all info seems to relate to the EFI engine and pump.mine is the old mech pump I assume.

I've had a look at my pump and can't see anywhere to adjust it,any info/photo's ???
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          Just been reading through all the threads, but all info seems to relate to the EFI engine and pump.mine is the old mech pump I assume.

I've had a look at my pump and can't see anywhere to adjust it,any info/photo's ???
          The mod was done initially on the mech pump. Look on the Oz forum in the 2.4 section for the thread by Terry Syd.

Edit: The link's below:

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8972

Comment

Thanx Matt, looking now.

Well, read through all that thread, printed off some diagrams, will have to check under the bonnet tomoz in the daylight to see if I can make any sense of it all.
            Last edited by plumb bob; 1 January 2007, 20:33.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
            X