yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

don't they make a lot of difference! (glow plugs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't they make a lot of difference! (glow plugs)

my surf had gradually been getting slower and slower to start in the mornings and would complain miserably once finally fired up, like the engine was trying to shake itself free

the last straw came when the battery flattened after turning the engine over for so long. i called the AA, they turned up, lifted the lid. i tried the key again to show him how it was....of course it $$$$$$ fired up first time

i was reminded of a time when we were stuck in the mud for couple of hours, digging, building makeshift tracks, trying everything - burried past the running boards on the drivers side. we were elated when a chap turned up with his disco to pull us out. i jumped in the surf to give it one token last try - and the effing thing shot out of the hole like a cork out of a champagne bottle. the disco just turned and left without saying goodbye. anyway - bit of a digression that

so i got a set of new plugs fitted - only one of the old ones was working. now it fires up so fast it still surprises me. why i didnt do this much sooner, its been going on for weeks

problems? i'll take 'em.

Mine is doing the exact same thing ($$$$py Milners glowplugs from 1.5 years ago) so I hope new glowplugs sorts mine out also - I think it runs on just 1 or 2 cylinders for a few seconds at startup, judging from all the lumping and smoke...

Comment

Bang right fella,

I had a 2.4 a year or so back which was a lazy one on a morning, would crank over for ages before the fire lit.

Fitted new plugs and waheeey......one turn of the engine and all was aflame.

Saves loads of wear on battery and starter

Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Where

from and how much
        I'll pop them in myself

Comment

"Roughtrax" are the kiddies you want to order from and I believe that the plugs they have tend to last longest. Don't take my word for it just look at other threads in the fourum. They do get your order out to you straight away and they are the right price.
          If at first etc? Find a BIGGER HAMMER!

Comment

Working...
          X