X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bust head??????????

okay its not a surf yet
    2.4td landcruiser(1988)
    went out on christmas eve 40 mile round trip on the way home it started boiling its brains out stopped let ot cool down topped it up with about 3lt
    got another mile boiling again let it cool down and topped it up but this time it took gallons so set it running while topping it up and basicly could not fill it???????????????????????????? ?????????
    so rang a friend he came out towed me home
    christmas eve tried to fill it after 1 1/2 gallons left till the morning went out had to tow it to start it when it did start?

1 a mixture of water oil and steam out the exuast
    2 steam and oil out of the rad cap
    3 steam out of the dipstick hole and oil filler cap
    so water getting the cylinders
    so besides being bust is it possible its just the gaskit or more likely the head itself or even the block????

so do I strip it down and rebuild or just whip the engine out mesure the splines to see if a surf engine will fit the gearbox

as I have the chance of a good surf engine

HEAD GONE. The gaskets are pretty much bullet proof on them, if only the heads were made the same way. with the head off you will know more. It sounds like head has cracked pot to pot allowing engine compression to force the water and oil into the cooling system. This is where the internel coolant reservoirs run latterally across the head about 2-3mm from where it cracks. Sorry to hear it m8. Merry Christmas
    Toyota have a lot to answer for as far as head production is concerned. (or not concerned)
    Last edited by Antshiel; 27 December 2006, 19:23.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
    X