Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

I need to know if the part circled moves in the direction of arrow when the Air Con is switched on. It.s under the gold couloured vacuum diaphragm on the front of throttle housing.

Nev

Anyoe got a quick answer?

Nev

Comment

Sorry mate, I've not got any 2.4's here ATM, only 3.0TD's and V6's

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Sorry mate, I've not got any 2.4's here ATM, only 3.0TD's and V6's

No worries. Someone will answer eventually, I hope. Can't test myself as my air con is disconnected and in bits. I'm trying to work out how all the vacuum system and VSVs work on the 2.4s. Nothing else seems to operate this so hoping it is the air con. It's a dual stage diaphragm and top vacuum supply operates at engine shutdown to close the butterfly but I believe the bottom vacuum supply partially closes this butterfly to compensate for extra load on engine. Will have to keep investigating if not.

Nev
        Last edited by NiftyNev; 13 December 2006, 15:47.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          I need to know if the part circled moves in the direction of arrow when the Air Con is switched on. It.s under the gold couloured vacuum diaphragm on the front of throttle housing.

Nev
          No it doesn't Nev. At least, it doesn't on mine...
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
            No it doesn't Nev. At least, it doesn't on mine...
            Bugger! Anyone else do the test? You need to watch as it only moves slightly with vacuum applied.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
              Bugger! Anyone else do the test? You need to watch as it only moves slightly with vacuum applied.

Nev
              Ah, in that case, I'll do the test again tomorrow...
              I checked the position of it, turned the a/c on, and rechecked it. Didn't think it had moved. Tried it a few times, to make sure, but if it only moves a fracion, then I might have missed it....

I'll get the wife to help me tomorrow...
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
              X