Advice Taken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Taken

I posted a question earlier this week about the 2.4 I had on test for a day or so. Well, Ive found a few more pennies and am looking at a 3.0TD 94/L tomorrow. Its got 81k, usual extra, auto. Is there anything I should be keeping an eye out for when I view it?

Im aware they dont have the same problems as the 2.4 as far as the head is concerned but there must be something to look out for.

Any help will be massively appreciated. Im hooked on getting one but gotta make sure I get the right one as im emptying the savings account, I think its worth it though

Originally posted by Dillon1969
    I posted a question earlier this week about the 2.4 I had on test for a day or so. Well, Ive found a few more pennies and am looking at a 3.0TD 94/L tomorrow. Its got 81k, usual extra, auto. Is there anything I should be keeping an eye out for when I view it?

Im aware they dont have the same problems as the 2.4 as far as the head is concerned but there must be something to lok out for.

Any help will be massively appreciated. Im hooked on getting one but gotta make sure I get the right one as im emptying the savings account, I think its worth it though
    just followw the advice given for the 2.4 and you won't go wrong.its the same as any vehicle just give it a thorough going over
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      just followw the advice given for the 2.4 and you won't go wrong.its the same as any vehicle just give it a thorough going over
      Like Richard said. Only things slightly peculiar to a Surf are 4wd and the rear window, so check both in addition to having a good poke around. I'd give it at least an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dillon1969

Im aware they dont have the same problems as the 2.4 as far as the head is concerned but there must be something to look out for.

The 3.0 litre heads have been known to crack like the 2.4s, although not as frequent.
        It's all down to what sort of previous life the truck has had regarding servicing and T.L.C. but that applies to any 10+ year old vehicle.
        Pull the dipstick out and look at the oil on the end of it to see if it's clean and brown and not black as soot, un-clip the lid of the air filter housing and have a look at the filter to see if it's clean. When starting the engine, make sure it hasn't been started recently so you can hear it starting from stone cold.
        look closely along the top of the radiator for evidence of pin-hole leaks or splits, if there are then you'll see a white-ish residue.
        Make sure the rear window goes up and down smoothly and swiftly by the key switch in the tailgate and the interior switch near the gearstick.

oh, and don't buy a blue one, they're too common.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          oh, and don't buy a blue one, they're too common.
          Buy a black one instead...
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

he he ... the one im looking at tomorrow is blue, but hey I cant see that when im inside

Comment

hi there

just read "make sure the rear window goes up swiftly",,,now mine does not go up fast or anything but it does go up and down,it also struggles on the last 2 inches or so,,,any ideas what i can do to speed it up abit? new motor maybe? heaps of spares over here and i mean heaps,,maybe one day i should organise a container load of goods for you guys,,,,im a pom after all

Comment

Have you tried spraying silicone spray in the runners ?
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Nope,,greased it up once though,,maybe the grese has soaked up the dust and gonehard

Comment

Working...
                  X