the little plastic bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the little plastic bits

you know the ones, they insulate the glowplug power supply where it bolts onto the inlet manifold. well i lost mine, ive manamged to not lose anything else from it but that when i replaced the head. are they the same as on the uk hilux?? or i dont suppose anyone in sussex has a spare one knocking about. thanks people.
    andy
    665 the neighbour of the beast

Yeah, they'll be the same on any deisel Hilux. I have some, but we're probably to far away!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i lost these too, do they actually do anything important, or just there to look pretty, like her at end of that vid posted by vince.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

well im guessing seeing as the yinsulate the live feed to the plugs form the earth of the manifold if you leave em off it wil lshort straight through this and pop something
        665 the neighbour of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by 227angrydonkeys
          well im guessing seeing as the yinsulate the live feed to the plugs form the earth of the manifold if you leave em off it wil lshort straight through this and pop something
          Correct. Without them the glow plugs will short and blow the fuse.

Nev

Comment

best get some then!

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
              best get some then!
              See post #2 if you want.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

yes logey get some one of mine broke and i was in the back country over here in winter,,,she was a bitch to get going in the morning,,,was not happy fuse had blown,,has a spare but could not find there short at the time,,,nobody for miles and miles,,, after many times of turning her over she started luckily and i dont know how,,thank fark i thought lol ,,,

Comment

i'm off to fiddle with my beam...err full beam problem and will see if i can spot them in the bottomless pit tool chest, they must be there or in the bin.

so if i don't find them i'll be driving to basingstoke to see the doctor!

Comment

amazing what you find when you clean a shed and tool boxes out!

found 2 of the covers so far and they're definately off the surf coz they fit, yippee. also found an old black & decker drill from the dark ages, plugged it in and it still works! haynes manuals for a viva(makes no sense because no one in my family's had one to their recollections, unless it was one of my older 2 bro's banger cars at some point). manuals for mkIV cortina, granadas, spitfires, mondeo haynes manual (which i bought 2nd copy of due to losing this one) capri II/III.

loads of old fishing gear, rusty hooks, line etc, snapped up 7ft rod, scabby stinky keepnet.

a headlight the size of my TV! god knows what from! and loads of rusty tools of absolutely no use.

my dad hoards everything, the c r a p in there goes on...like i have done...c ya!

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                      amazing what you find when you clean a shed and tool boxes out!

found 2 of the covers so far and they're definately off the surf coz they fit, yippee. also found an old black & decker drill from the dark ages, plugged it in and it still works! haynes manuals for a viva(makes no sense because no one in my family's had one to their recollections, unless it was one of my older 2 bro's banger cars at some point). manuals for mkIV cortina, granadas, spitfires, mondeo haynes manual (which i bought 2nd copy of due to losing this one) capri II/III.

loads of old fishing gear, rusty hooks, line etc, snapped up 7ft rod, scabby stinky keepnet.

a headlight the size of my TV! god knows what from! and loads of rusty tools of absolutely no use.

my dad hoards everything, the c r a p in there goes on...like i have done...c ya!
                      oh, stop it.....
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i forgot about you!

you'd have loved it! but other than the drill, nothing worth flogging on - maybe the manuals but they're worse than acceptably grubby!

Comment

found a 3rd one!

what's the chances of me actually finding the last one...i'd estimate it's got to be somewhere in the same odds as me winning the lottery and being able to spend any of the winnings before at least 100 people i don't know manage to find out and send me begging letters.

Comment

What does:

and loads of rusty tools of absolutely no use.

mean exactly? Just out of curiosity, you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                              What does:

and loads of rusty tools of absolutely no use.

mean exactly? Just out of curiosity, you understand.

see? see? its all good stuff to someone...
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X