What Size Air Con Belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Size Air Con Belt?

Anyone had a set of belts from Milners. They have the size marked on them. I need to know if they have sent me the wrong one or if I have a non standard Surf.
    I ordered a set of belts from Milners. All went on with no problems, except the Air Con belt, which appears to be about 2" short in circumference. Before anybody asks, I had the tensioning pulley slackened right off. The size marked is AVX 13/12.5 x 1200La, which is a heck of a lot smaller than the one I took off.
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 23 January 2004, 23:33.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Anyone had a set of belts from Milners. They have the size marked on them. I need to know if they have sent me the wrong one or if I have a non standard Surf.
    I ordered a set of belts from Milners. All went on with no problems, except the Air Con belt, which appears to be about 2" short in circumference. Before anybody asks, I had the tensioning pulley slackened right off. The size marked is AVX 13/12.5 x 1200La, which is a heck of a lot smaller than the one I took off.
    Hi Phil,

No its not your fault its Milners, I had exactly the same problem when they supplied it to me. The alternator, PAS, and cam belts fitted a dream. I am afraid i cant remember the sizes but 2" short rings a bell

I asked them about the size and they said no it was correct. I then ordered one from my local toyota dealer, which arrived the next day and it was bigger and fitted a treat.

Hope that helps

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
      Hi Phil,

No its not your fault its Milners, I had exactly the same problem when they supplied it to me. The alternator, PAS, and cam belts fitted a dream. I am afraid i cant remember the sizes but 2" short rings a bell

I asked them about the size and they said no it was correct. I then ordered one from my local toyota dealer, which arrived the next day and it was bigger and fitted a treat.

Hope that helps

Paul
      i had the same problem, aircon too short, power steering too short, spoke to carl at milners he said it depends which supplier they came from, that was last year, thought they would have sorted it by now,apparently not
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
        i had the same problem, aircon too short, power steering too short, spoke to carl at milners he said it depends which supplier they came from, that was last year, thought they would have sorted it by now,apparently not
        DITTO I spoke to Carl as well.

The PAS belt was fine but they supplied a Gates Air con belt part no 6478mc.

Paul
        DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

just had my air con belt off milners and yep its about 2" too short, had to put the old one back on :-( it was a gates belt also, they will be getting a phone call on monday!!

Comment

A 1270 belt will fit but 1295 is better.

Neville

Comment

I spoke to Milners (not sure who). He seemed surprised and suggested that I had quoted the wrong Part No on my order. They did say send it back, with a photocopy of the invoice and they will send the correct one. On their online parts list it quotes the 004953 as fitting all 1st and 2nd Gen 2.4's. I think we need to have a collective word in their earhole. They need to remember that people talk to each other and if they bullsh** us we'll suss 'em!! The customer is always right. Sometimes a pain in the arse, but always right!
              It's the first ime they have given me cause for complaint though.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                I spoke to Milners (not sure who). He seemed surprised and suggested that I had quoted the wrong Part No on my order. They did say send it back, with a photocopy of the invoice and they will send the correct one. On their online parts list it quotes the 004953 as fitting all 1st and 2nd Gen 2.4's. I think we need to have a collective word in their earhole. They need to remember that people talk to each other and if they bullsh** us we'll suss 'em!! The customer is always right. Sometimes a pain in the arse, but always right!
                It's the first ime they have given me cause for complaint though.

Swings and roundabouts., when I did my head last year I phoned Milners and just said ' I would like the 5 belts for a 1990 2.4 surf',I didn't quote numbers etc just told them what I wanted and next day 5 belts arrived fitted a treat.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                  A 1270 belt will fit but 1295 is better.

Neville
                  Guess what? They have sent me a 1250 belt as a replacement!
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                  X