hoses renewal advice plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoses renewal advice plz

Just got new hose to replace the one shown in the pic below.
    The old one is rock hard and i cannot get it off without removing one of the
    silver componants (tech term ) on either side of it.
    What holds the bit, with EFI DIESEL on it, in place???
    Scared to rip old one off with those bits in place,
    incase i cannot get new one on.
    HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
    Mike
    Last One Over The Hill,
    Buys The Beers

It's much easier to replace the rubber coupling (Your new bit) if you remove the silver intake tube (the part with EFI on)
    Loosen all the hose clips and remove the tube and the rubber couplings from both ends, fit the new coupling to the throttle body (right hand side) then refit the coupling on the other end of the tube (with EFI on it) then push the whole thing onto the turbo end (left hand side) then fit the left hand side. It's a bit of a pig to get it on but with a bit of pushing and twisting you'll get it on.
    Leave all the hose clips loose and tighten when everything is back in place.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      It's much easier to replace the rubber coupling (Your new bit) if you remove the silver intake tube (the part with EFI on)
      Loosen all the hose clips and remove the tube and the rubber couplings from both ends, fit the new coupling to the throttle body (right hand side) then refit the coupling on the other end of the tube (with EFI on it) then push the whole thing onto the turbo end (left hand side) then fit the left hand side. It's a bit of a pig to get it on but with a bit of pushing and twisting you'll get it on.
      Leave all the hose clips loose and tighten when everything is back in place.
      Cheers matey
      Last One Over The Hill,
      Buys The Beers

Comment

Originally posted by The-shorey
        Cheers matey

Ooh, I forgot to mention, there's two small rubber vacuum pipes that just push on to little metal tubes either end of the EFI tube, you'll see what I mean. Don't forget to replace them afterwards otherwise your 4WD won't work!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Ooh, I forgot to mention, there's two small rubber vacuum pipes that just push on to little metal tubes either end of the EFI tube, you'll see what I mean. Don't forget to replace them afterwards otherwise your 4WD won't work!

Just saw this, but i did replace em
          cheers bud for all ya help, i have only 9 3/4 knuckles now
          and the swear jar is up to the brim lol, but its all sorted woohoo

cheers again
          mike
          Last One Over The Hill,
          Buys The Beers

Comment

Working...
          X