cracked head again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked head again?

Hi all, i have just replaced the head on my ln130 2lt-e and now it runs worse than when it had a cracked head. The only way i can start it is to tow start it and it smokes really badly. Before i changed the head it actually ran really well but used water really quickly. I didnt replace the head bolts, i wonder if i have cracked the new head by doing it up too tight as they are torque to yeld bolts?

Also, the injector pump is run from the cam bellt right? How do you do the timing for it because i never noted its position and i may be out a tooth or to.

What else would make it so smokey?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by crown
    Hi all, i have just replaced the head on my ln130 2lt-e and now it runs worse than when it had a cracked head. The only way i can start it is to tow start it and it smokes really badly. Before i changed the head it actually ran really well but used water really quickly. I didnt replace the head bolts, i wonder if i have cracked the new head by doing it up too tight as they are torque to yeld bolts?

Also, the injector pump is run from the cam bellt right? How do you do the timing for it because i never noted its position and i may be out a tooth or to.

What else would make it so smokey?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    You should have spent the extra dollars buying a set of bolts - as they are stretch bolts you won't get the correct torque.

The timing marks are behind the pulleys - take the timing belt cover off, hand crank the engine - you'll see the marks - use this as a guide

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/timingbelt.htm
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
    X