yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

desperately need a flat rate for changing a cylinder head. please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desperately need a flat rate for changing a cylinder head. please help!

Greetings!

I have a friend with an 88 Hilux Surf with I think the 2.4 I4 turbo deisel in it and need to know the flat rate for changing the cylinder head.

Where I am from the Hilux Surf is an import so its next to impossible to find any information about it or any sort of shop rates for this vehicle.

To my knowledge this is a pretty labour-intensive job so I am expecting it to be 20 hours or more...if anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!

I cant believe no one here knows how long it should take to change the cylinder head. The reason I posted here in the first place is I figured one of you guys would have done it before.

Comment

i did one a few months back, and it took me around 18 hours. no experience with this engine, basic tool set, and reading it all out of the manual. i have heard of mechanics doing it in less than 8 hours.
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Sorry Shawn, only just noticed this thread.

It should take a competant mechanic around six to eight hours to complete the job.
        There is a write-up on the procedure at the bottom of this page....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/v...at=1&submit=Go

Comment

Thats about what I wanted to hear.

In this situation its with absolutely no experience with the engine, no manual or any information whatsoever.

thanks for the information guys.

Comment

Eight hours at least even if you've done one before, I'd allow more if you've not seen one before.

I've never done one completely start to finish in one day. There is always loose ends to finish off next day. And I've done lots!
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

make sure you have all the torque settings wriiten down or printed off before you start... the site crashed half way through the swap, and i went to pieces!
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Take photos as you strip it down so you know what goes where.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

I've just completed mine and its taken around 15 hrs. this I've been pleased with as its the first cylinder head I've ever attempted. Take Marky's advice about taking pictures I kicked myself for not doing this when it came to hooking all the pipe work back up again.

Comment

Working...
                  X