leaky fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaky fuel pump

pulled the injector pump off ferrets truck today(deep joy.. not cold at all.. ) here is a picture of the underside, should there be a bolt in the threaded hole? is this why it leaks? or are we clutching at straws? also if its not that, the is an oval plate on the back of the pump, if we pull that to replace the seal, will any expensive springy bits leap out, never to be seen again? ta.
    it's in me shed, mate.

Originally posted by Chillitt
    pulled the injector pump off ferrets truck today(deep joy.. not cold at all.. ) here is a picture of the underside, should there be a bolt in the threaded hole? is this why it leaks? or are we clutching at straws? also if its not that, the is an oval plate on the back of the pump, if we pull that to replace the seal, will any expensive springy bits leap out, never to be seen again? ta.

That threaded hole looks a bit too clean like something was in there recently!
    Have a look here for reference...http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

My repair manual doesn't give an illustration of the underside, and I aint going outside to have a look at mine in this tornado we're having at the moment!!

Comment

it does look quite clean.... dont bother going for a look, you cant see it till the pumps off...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I have an old pump body here and just had a look. There are three holes the same size. Two toward other end of pump and all look to have had a plug or something in there at sometime. Close inspection reveals they are blind holes so nothing can leak from them. Probably mounting points for body during machining or maybe for bolting pump to something during transport.

Nev
        Last edited by NiftyNev; 20 November 2006, 13:27. Reason: Spelling

Comment

thanks for that nev,we will keep looking for the real leak then...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

thanks for that nev,we will keep looking for the real leak then...
            Top seal by the looks of the stain down side of pump.

Nev

Comment

we just done the top seal,(in situ) but theres still a drip..
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

we just done the top seal,(in situ) but theres still a drip..
                Did you manage to get a replacement for the little o-ring?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Did you manage to get a replacement for the little o-ring?
                  yes, out of a mixed bag of o rings from b&q...
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X