Gross Combination Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gross Combination Weight

Does anyone know for sure what the Gross Combination Weight is for a 2nd gen 2.4 TD Surf.
    I have done the routine search on the subject and there is a lot of useful information but there seems to be a lot of confliction in the answers

Under my hood, beside the catch there is a yellow sticker that I believe might have stated what the GCW should be. But there is a scratch right through the centre of the information I need.

Could one of you kind chaps please have a look under the hood and see what the sticker says.

Thanks.
    Last edited by chasharman; 19 November 2006, 00:56.

The yellow sticker usually is the aircon gas info.

There is no official figures for the Surf towing weights, various website around the world say 1500kg towing max, which is what the UK and US 4Runners are rated at. The truck itself weighs about 1950kg according it import documents I've seen, with a load capacity of 300kg.

So MAM is around 3,750kg
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Gcw

Thanks for reply Tony,
      I am thinking of selling my Surf for spares or repairs and a guy that is interested has asked if the Gross Combination Weight is anywhere near 5000 kgs. Taking that the Surf weighs almost 2000 kgs and if you were to push the absolute max of 100% of the allowable combination weight, it still comes up short. (4000 kgs). I don`t know what the hell he is planning to tow, but there can`t be that many cars/trucks that can legally tow that sort of weight.

Anyone else interested in buying my Surf for spares or repair can check on e-bay next week, if this guy does not but it. ( be warned there is issues with this truck) see previous posts!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X