identify where this is on truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identify where this is on truck

Hi I had a thread a while ago on clutch adjustment and found this jpeg on the site with regard to adjusting the travel in the foot pedal can anyone identify in the picture wher this is? and is it from looking up underneath the truck
    my truck is a 2.4 td 1990

That appears to be on the bulkhead somewhere.

Inside the vehicle, on the bulkhead above the pedals, under the dash.
    Last edited by MattF; 7 November 2006, 01:58.

Comment

Thats looking at the top of the clutch pedal spring under the dash. The steering column is on the right in that pic.

Comment

I would say that was taken from inside, looking up from the drivers footwell. You can just make out the steering column down the side of the piccie.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

thanks guys

cheers everone I will try and adjust the travel...I hope its simple!!!

Thanks again Shiny

Comment

That's a pic of the clutch pedal spring and has nothing to do with adjustment. There is a bolt on the bracket but this is simply a stop. Free travel is adjusted via a rod lower down on pedal which connects to the master cylinder. There will be a U shaped piece on the rod which has a pin connecting it to the pedal. The rod is threaded and turning this after loosening the nuts is where the adjustment id done.

Nev

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by NiftyNev
              That's a pic of the clutch pedal spring and has nothing to do with adjustment. There is a bolt on the bracket but this is simply a stop. Free travel is adjusted via a rod lower down on pedal which connects to the master cylinder. There will be a U shaped piece on the rod which has a pin connecting it to the pedal. The rod is threaded and turning this after loosening the nuts is where the adjustment id done.

Nev
              Thanks Nev I will tackle it when it gets desperate

Shiny

Comment

Originally posted by shiny
                Hi I had a thread a while ago on clutch adjustment and found this jpeg on the site with regard to adjusting the travel in the foot pedal can anyone identify in the picture wher this is? and is it from looking up underneath the truck
                my truck is a 2.4 td 1990
                My mate has the manual 2.4td and it looks like its at the top of the clutch pedal on the bulkhead under the bottom of the dash. Most obvious place to put it i would have thought.
                http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

missus said so

hiya ,,,my missus just looked at it and said it's a mouse trap,probably for that squeak you've had for so long,,,,bless her

Comment

Working...
                  X