larger diameter exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• larger diameter exhaust

anyone put on a larger diameter exhaust on a 1990 surf? if so, what did you go with and what were the results?
    :

Originally posted by d rock
    anyone put on a larger diameter exhaust on a 1990 surf? if so, what did you go with and what were the results?

Not done it myself yet, but a few have and it does release a few more horses, especially if the exhaust is larger straight from the turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by d rock
      The general concensus seems to be that a 2½" system, preferably mandrel bent is the one to go for. You can lose the back box as it is only a resonator and just have the main box between the axles. Some people recommend a short length of 3" pipe from the turbo but that's personal preference. The easy way to do it would be to modify and fit the system from a 3ltr as the only difference is the front pipe.
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Ive had mine done,,It cost $300 NZ from the turbo back, 3" of the turbo then 2.5" after wards,,,seams to run slightly better breaths better less heat maybe,,,,sounds cool

Comment

Working...
        X