Please identify from pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please identify from pics

I've posted some photos of two things in the engine that I cannot identify.
    The first is a cable that enters the engine from the driver side of the cab. It is fastened with ties along the back of the engine compartment and ends in the area around the starter relay. It is the one with the red tip in the pic.

The second is the red switch/threaded adjustable thing in the other photo. There is also another of these - a black one - a couple of inches to the right of the red one (not seeable in photo).

I'm dying to find out what these are so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Vic

Originally posted by Vic1958
    The second is the red switch/threaded adjustable thing in the other photo. There is also another of these - a black one - a couple of inches to the right of the red one (not seeable in photo).

The red and black 'threaded adjustable things' are the filling points for the air conditioning, although mine are red and blue..

As for the wires, you'd be better of tracing where they go to/from..
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Vic1958
      I've posted some photos of two things in the engine that I cannot identify.
      The first is a cable that enters the engine from the driver side of the cab. It is fastened with ties along the back of the engine compartment and ends in the area around the starter relay. It is the one with the red tip in the pic.

I'm dying to find out what these are so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
      Do you have any additional lighting fitted, I reckon that's what those wires are for.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

No extra lighting Slugsie. Previous owner might have had some though - spotlight maybe?

Thanks for the info Dave.
        Vic

Comment

Looks like a live feed for spots or amp?
          What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Not being funny but....

Is it not the other end of this one:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25909

Cut it and see what breaks.

Comment

Lol

The thought did cross my mind when I found it Sancho - but no, the two don't connect. I am going to trace both of them back to their source though - when I have sorted other stuff out - like getting to front diff filler plug to change the oil!
              Vic

Comment

Working...
              X