Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clonking rear diff

Hi Gu'ys,

I want to find out how to take-up the slack in the rear differential as I am now getting a clonk from this, I am told there is adjustmet on the front differential but not on the rear, is it adjusted by adding shims, there is no wirrring noise just this clonk as the slack is taken-up.

Thanks,
    Richard

mine was clonking for a week ,then i blew out,,basically if i had done the nut up an the rear end shaft this would not fo happened,,good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Perry
      Hi Gu'ys,

I want to find out how to take-up the slack in the rear differential as I am now getting a clonk from this, I am told there is adjustmet on the front differential but not on the rear, is it adjusted by adding shims, there is no wirrring noise just this clonk as the slack is taken-up.

Thanks,
      Richard
      Hi mate and welcome, setting up diffs is a very underrated operation, some gearbox places will not touch diffs because of the complex and delicate operation required. My advise would be get somebody with the knowledge and experience to do it. if you are brave enough have a go your self ( having a spare diff would be a great idea just incase) but then again if you had a spare diff you wouldnt be wanting to repair the one you have! my dad was a guru with diffs and boxes, its funnny cause while he was here i showed no interest in them and now hes gone ive had a few times when his knowledge would have been invaluable. I now wish i took more interest in his offers to show me the workings of diffs and boxes, shamfull realy...
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
      X